Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: best cheaper SSD  (Read 2491 times)

Whitie III

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Expert
best cheaper SSD
« on: March 08, 2016, 05:22:18 PM »
what is the best SSD for cheapest price? time to upgrade the old core 2 duo Macbook.... might be able to get by with a 256 GB SSD but what is your thoughts?

Recommendations?

L00K3

Greenhorn

Re: best cheaper SSD
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:48:22 PM »
    I recommend a 480GB intel 530 series ssd as it has the best price vs capacity vs speed, it cost me $240AU to get one.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »
    I'd go for a Crucial or Samsung personally.  There seem to be a few firmware bugs for the most recent drives, haven't had any issues myself but if it was my money I'd probably be leaning towards a Samsung right now.  The 850 isn't the cheapest SSD available but they're generally quite reliable and they're good performers - not so much of a consideration for an older machine as you won't get the full performance anyway, but in the future you can always move the SSD to another machine.

Whitie III

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »
    I'd go for a Crucial or Samsung personally.  There seem to be a few firmware bugs for the most recent drives, haven't had any issues myself but if it was my money I'd probably be leaning towards a Samsung right now.  The 850 isn't the cheapest SSD available but they're generally quite reliable and they're good performers - not so much of a consideration for an older machine as you won't get the full performance anyway, but in the future you can always move the SSD to another machine.

ok sounds good! will look at prices at some good known places