Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Draw in the CD/DVD drive  (Read 2464 times)

Hayley P

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Draw in the CD/DVD drive
    « on: January 14, 2016, 04:41:32 PM »
    Good Morning Everyone.

Yesterday I accidently left the CD/DVD drawn open and I have knocked it pretty hard then it wouldn't go back in.
    I ended up getting the draw out but now I can't get it back in. Any suggestions?
    I'm freaking out because this is my work computer!

Thanks team :) ???

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Draw in the CD/DVD drive
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 05:29:23 AM »
    You'll probably have to replace the drive. CD/DVD drives are not expensive and the installation process is simple enough for you to do yourself.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Draw in the CD/DVD drive
    « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 08:01:29 AM »
    Most employers wouldn't rake you over the coals for a simple mishap like this. The drive replacement would be very easy and inexpensive to perform as well as depending on how long you have been issued the system maybe its at the end of the lifecycle and you would be entitled to a faster newer computer as a replacement.

I cooked a work laptop that was a brand new Toshiba Tecra once and was issued a new one. The video games I played on it killed the GPU when the GPU overheated 2 days after getting it. I got a warranty replacement no questions asked and didnt load up any more games on it because the first one was pouring tons of heat out of it and I know I was the cause of its failure.