Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fault on Sony SDM-S7R Flat screen LCD Screen Monitor  (Read 2480 times)

tom373uk

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Fault on Sony SDM-S7R Flat screen LCD Screen Monitor
    « on: January 19, 2016, 10:56:56 AM »
    Hi Don't know whether anyone can adivise me what to do to correct this problem ie When I switch on my PC and the Monitor the amber light turns to green,instead of Windows loading the screen stays dark,but you can see the screen rolling[the controls are as follows 1 Off/On Switch 2 Menu 3 Contrast 4 Brightness 5 two up and down buttons 6 OK Button.The only way I can get Windows to load is to unplug the kettle plug from the back of the monitor and plug it back in,Windows then loads.None of the controls appear to be working.The Monitor is connected to the PC & Monitor by a Standard D Sub fitting at each end.
    I would like to be able to start afresh ie back to default settings but cant find a way to do so in the online manual for this monitor.
    Any help or advise appreciated.

Michael

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Fault on Sony SDM-S7R Flat screen LCD Screen Monitor
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
    I would try a brand new cable as moving it seems to rectify it temporarily.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

tom373uk

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Fault on Sony SDM-S7R Flat screen LCD Screen Monitor
      « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 02:49:41 AM »
      tks for your reply replaced both  the power and D Sub cables made no difference,so must be a fault somewhere in the monitor,so its confined to the tip.