Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer to Tv Hook up  (Read 2846 times)

bigal50

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Computer to Tv Hook up
    « on: December 27, 2015, 11:08:46 PM »
    I have a Dell Es400 Pentium Dual Core 2.7 PC with Windows 7 . What do I need to hook it up to my TV so I can watch movies. My TV has RCA jacks. Isn't there a PCI Card that I can add to my computer ???

Thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer to Tv Hook up
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »
    You need a media converter box to go from VGA to Composite RCA or a higher end video capture card that also has RCA out.

Most people upgrade to a modern TV with VGA or HDMI and then connect via VGA or HDMI

Composite Video or S-Video are horrible.

Do you have any plans to replace the TV any time soon with a more modern or more featured model?

If you went the route of a media converter box, HDMI to RCA would give you the best quality. HDMI will handle video and sound and the media converter box would then patch that over to RCA Video + Left/Right Audio

Your computer would need a HDMI port though to support a media converter of this type.

Johnathin

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Computer to Tv Hook up
      « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 10:36:43 PM »
      Try using Chrome cast, no cables needed, easy to install and use. Best thing since sliced bread.
      Johnathin