Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Prepare to do a lot of tweaking  (Read 3306 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Prepare to do a lot of tweaking
    « on: January 30, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »
    I upgraded my Win 7 to Win 10, and like everything new, one has to do some tweaking...some are easy and some are really off the wall. As an example, I could not get any sound, even though Windows and Device Manager say all is well. After doing some research and reading pro and cons on how to get the sound back for a couple of hours, I gave up. Apparently, whatever tweaking I did, I got my sound back. I do not know how I did, but its back. Second, in my start setup, one of the boxes showed in the weather square the temperature for Washington,DC.  Again, more research, more time wasted, I finally got  my state into the box...so that is what I mean by my subject title...prepare for a lot of researching and tweaking. Other than that, I like Win 10...so far...once I get pass the researching and tweaking.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Prepare to do a lot of tweaking
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:10:51 AM »
    Jumping from Win 7 to Win 10 is more difficult than jumping from Win 8.1 to Win 10, in my opinion.  For example, if you had become familiar Win 8.1 before moving to Win 10, you would probably have been familiar with the weather app. 

I'm guessing the sound problem was driver-related, and that you either finally got it resolved without clearing understanding how that happened, as you basically stated, or that Windows finally resolved the driver issue, perhaps after some restarts.  Of course, this type of problem will differ for users of systems with other hardware components, i.e. different brand/manufacturers.