Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ip changing or hiding  (Read 3037 times)

Madun

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    ip changing or hiding
    « on: March 25, 2016, 03:47:06 PM »
    ok guys, there is a website called ACI ( it's for gaming ) that publishes every player ip easily ( all you have to do is write player's name and join thier website ) for games like battlefield, can someone tell me how can i give them a fake ip adress or a random ip, i really don't understand how can EA allow these kind of private stuff to be published in public, can someone help me, and the thing is i asked some of the admins of the website he told me you have to live with it LOL, what an edited by Allan
    can someone please help me ?
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:12:47 PM by Allan »

Madun

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: ip changing or hiding
      « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 03:54:18 PM »
      LOL, even this website can read my ip, can you please help give a random one that's not mine ? Like random numbers and to give a false location of me but it won't affect my ping

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »
      IP addresses are public information - there is nothing secret about them nor is there any legitimate reason to try to hide them. Also, please watch your language. Thank you.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »
      As Allan says, an IP address is public information, there is really nothing secret about it, there should be no need to hide it.

Madun

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »
        it's for gaming purposes nothing illegal, i'm just trying to play with different " character"

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
          • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
        « Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 05:13:51 PM »
        If what you are doing is legitimate then there is no reason to change/hide your IP address.  This sounds like there is some restriction in place that you are trying to get around.

Madun

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »
          then you don't know how battlefield works, if you change your ip doesn't give you anything, in battlefield what it matters is the guid, i'm just trying to change my ip so i can't get recognized by other players, that's it (:

Madun

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 06:07:14 PM »
            I'm not trying to get unbanned or anything ( it's impossible to get unbanned or to trick the system ) i just want to change these random numbers

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            « Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 10:57:58 PM »
            Subscribe to a different ISP. Sometimes you can get the ISP to change your IP address as well, though they'll tend to ask for a reason and "I want to pwn n00bs" probably isn't sufficient.

There is nothing private about an IP address; your PC and other devices all share it with every website or server that you connect to; it's a requirement, because otherwise it would be like sending mail with no return address. A Game server can't send your game client information about the game state or changes in the game unless it knows where to send it, which is why it needs your IP Address.

There are VPN services you can use as well, however aside from it being unlikely to get assistance with that here, typically the use of VPNs is banned in the Terms of Service of online game services, which, I suppose would accomplish your goal of not being recognized though it would do so through a IP and possible even hardware fingerprint ban, depending on the particulars of the game.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

DaveLembke

Sage
            « Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 06:14:13 AM »
            Buts if you go into a bank wearing a ski mask, the guards will ask you to leave.

hmmmm only asked you to leave .... Thinking you wouldnt get off that lightly and would be arrested for a short while until nothing found and released. Maybe its a regional thing, but in my area if you go into a bank with even sunglasses on they have a finger on the silent alarm ready to press it. I have been asked before to remove my sunglasses which I forget they are on my face when coming in from outside where its bright and sunny to inside a bank with bright lights. The bank even has a police station 2nd building down from it which a criminal would really have to be a certain level of special to try to rob that location that close to a police presence.

Allan

• Mastermind
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 12:51:31 PM »
            I deleted an idiotic post by Geek. Sorry if you referenced it.