Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 10  (Read 4476 times)

myming

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    windows 10
    « on: February 11, 2016, 06:44:34 PM »
    hello all,

from clapway.com comes;
    "...starting in 2016 windows will make win 10 an automatic recommended update instead of an optional one.
    however, users can revert an earlier version of windows w/i the first 31 days of having win 10."

my question is, has anyone downloaded (from win 10 site) to their computer and does it have the option
    of switching back (to my beloved win 7) ?

thank you.
    ask questions to get answers.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: windows 10
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:27:30 AM »
    "...starting in 2016 windows will make win 10 an automatic recommended update instead of an optional one.

Microsoft has not forced people to upgrade to 10 yet.... Yes they have been very annoying in the pop ups to get the free upgrade, but you should not all of a sudden one day boot up your computer and have it upgrade to 10 by itself.

Please provide exact link where you got this info with exact page that this info is disclosed.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 06:33:19 AM »
    Of course Microsoft will not force anyone to change his operating system. Never heard of clapway.com.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:42:53 AM »
    Microsoft has not forced people to upgrade to 10 yet.... Yes they have been very annoying in the pop ups to get the free upgrade, but you should not all of a sudden one day boot up your computer and have it upgrade to 10 by itself.

Please provide exact link where you got this info with exact page that this info is disclosed.

Windows 10 Will automatically upgrade, without a direct prompt, starting this month, but the user will have had to have "reserved a free upgrade" previously or they will have had to have chosen the "Start download, upgrade later" option with the GWX Program.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

keetoowah

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 09:20:29 AM »
      One thing i do know,if you revert back to win7 or some other operating system,you had better have a COA sticker or have it wrote down..Cuz basically all they are doing is reinstalling the prior operating system NOT ACTIVATED..I know me and my friends have been through it already several times

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 09:27:36 AM »
      If you create an image of your existing system, then reverting to it if you change your mind is a VERY simple matter.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 04:32:46 PM »
      One thing i do know,if you revert back to win7 or some other operating system,you had better have a COA sticker or have it wrote down..Cuz basically all they are doing is reinstalling the prior operating system NOT ACTIVATED..I know me and my friends have been through it already several times

This is pure bunk...your existing COA becomes the new Win10 COA...and they leave the activation up to the Users...
      Don't invent Win horror stories without any documentation.

And if you didn't have your existing COA written down before you updated then shame on you.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "