Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Out Problems.  PLEASE help!!!  (Read 2143 times)

Vox White

Video Out Problems.  PLEASE help!!!
« on: November 21, 2005, 07:12:54 PM »
WHen I try to send the video from my graphics card to my tv, as expected, my monitor went black, but so did my tv, it's on the right channel, the tv fliockers, so I know that it's hooked up right, but all I get is a black screen. I can tell it's trying to push the video to it because there is a big black box, with a different colour box around it. Furthermore, I can't get picture back on my monitor. I even unplugged the card from the tv, and still, it trys to send the video to tv when I restart, I'm running in safemode now to try to fix this problem. Once again, I appreciate the help, and can't wait to get this thing to work...

Dell4700

Re: Video Out Problems.  PLEASE help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 08:17:54 PM »
Without any knowledge of what you are using or trying to run (graphics card model, PC model, etc.), all I can do is guess.

- your graphics card may be bad, misinstalled, set incorrectly or?  Check and reseat card with PC off. You probably can't reset your card configuration in Safe Mode either. Can give you more troubleshooting details in exchange for the card information.  If you don't have the info, try right-clicking on an empty part of your Desktop then select Graphics Options>Properties.  Your card should be listed in Info.

- your TV monitor cable(s) may be bad or incorrectly installed. Check and reseat plugs/connectors

- I assume you are using the video out or s-video out of the graphics card to feed your TV monitor?  TV monitor should be set to video, not a TV channel

- With PC off, unplug your TV monitor and reconnect your PC monitor.  Restart PC.  Does it work in normal mode?
Some graphics cards will only allow you to use a PC monitor or a TV monitor, but not both.  Did you try the TV monitor alone?
Again more help when you give us the card info.

Dell