Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 3GP Videos will not play  (Read 2496 times)

Isis

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • MyWebpage
  • Experience: Experienced
3GP Videos will not play
« on: March 10, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »
I'm trying to watch videos on my Alcatel 665 One Touch mobile phone. I've tried to convert the videos I have to other formats, (i.e, 3gpp, 3g2, mpeg, mpeg2, mp3, mp4, mov, wmv) and it recognizes a few, like MP3, MP4, MOV, 3GPP, & 3G2, but, it typically says "Failure To Open" when I actually go to play a file. The most common file types that it does this on are MOV, 3GPP, 3G2, & MP4. It only plays the sound on MP3s, and it also recognizes other audio in different formats, namely AMR, & WAV, but, it can't play any video associated with it. I'm using an SD Video Card with it, and that's where I store the video and audio files. Interestingly, as the files that are on the memory of the SD Card are not part of the main memory of the phone, it seems like I can play videos, (3G2 only) from the phone as longas it's out of the phone's memory, and not the card. I thought maybe that the problem might be the driver(s) on the phone, as when I hook it up to a computer, it sometimes ask me to re-format the disk. I'm loath to do this, as I don't wish to erase the files and information that is on the SD Card, nor do I have the time to back up all of the files, in the event that I choose to. I've tried every kind of file converter that I can find, please help.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: 3GP Videos will not play
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 05:52:09 AM »
so if you transfer a file that wont play on the SD to phone internal memory it will play, but not off the SD directly? 

Might have to do with a speed issue with the SD being too slow.

Also I have run into issues with videos higher than 360p, have you tried to reduce a video file to 360p to see if that helps? For myself I found out that it might be a video resolution issue with one file when I was getting audio with a frozen picture for a file that was 720p video resolution while others wouldnt play at all, but some older files in 360p worked.