Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Updated from Windows 7 to Windows10 and can't connect to the internet.  (Read 4745 times)

Frankie

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    I have just updated my windows 7 64bit Ultimate to Windows 10 pro and I can't connect to the internet. As soon as I updated and eventually got into windows 10, I wasn't able to connect to the internet. I then went to my motherboards website which is Gigabyte and I downloaded two Lan drivers for Window10 64bit. One of these drivers was the Bigfoot Lan Driver and the other was the Intel Lan driver. I have my ethernet cable plugged into the intel motherboard network adapter, but I have also tried using the killer ethernet controller that on my motherboard, but neither have worked since the update to Windows 10.

I have a yellow exclamation mark in the taskbar over the little internet screen and have tried using the trouble shooting problem. This come back and tells me that the driver might be the fault, but I have download the same drivers 3 times and they don't work. In device manger there is no yellow exclamation marks and bother network adapters show up ok. I contacted my ISP, but they can't connect me to the internet and say it must be a driver problem. I'm totally stumped now because I have tried everything possible and I can't even activate updated Window10 because I can't get on the internet. When I click on System to see what version of Windows 10 is installed, it says it is Windows 10 Pro 64bit and I updated this from been on Windows 64bit Ultimate. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong here I have spent the better part of 8 hours on this and just cannot connect to the internet? Thanks!

Motherboard Gigabyte Z170X gaming 7
    Cpu Skylake 6700k
    16 gig Ram
    Graphice Geforce 970

Frankie

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      I've just found out what the problem is after spending like 12 hours on it. Turned out to be the "Commodo internet Security Firewall driver," that was ticked in the "Local Area Network Properties." For some reason Windows 10 didn't like it been ticked after the upgrade. My God did that take some working out though. I hope this helps someone else out if they stumble on this fix.