Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Transferring cam pics to my computer  (Read 2442 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Familiar
    Transferring cam pics to my computer
    « on: March 21, 2016, 12:52:23 PM »
    I have the Kodak sports play cam. Its a couple of years old and it takes great pictures and video. I have small video and some pics on the memory card, that I would like to transfer to my pc via the software that came with it. It has been doing that all along, but recently, I am not able to. I also have a reader on my laptop, and its the same story. I have no problem seeing them on playback on the cam. Kodak does not support them any longer. Does anyone have any idea why I cannot transfer them now? I even deleted a couple of files thinking maybe the card is full, with the same results.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Transferring cam pics to my computer
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »
    I have a camera that failed the same way. The USB communications was the first to fail and I thought it was cable or dirty connection but that wasnt it. Mine has internal memory + a SD Card slot. When using it with SD Card slot stuffed with a SD Card I can save images/videos to that and pop it out and transfer thru the card reader in the computer in your situation though its not even working from SD Card to card reader and so I'd try a different SD Card if you have one.

Additionally there is an option in my camera to tell it to save by default to the SD Card vs internal 128MB memory. If you dont have the camera set correctly it will store on the internal memory if this camera has internal memory + SD Card Slot. I have continued to use my camera still able to charge thru USB and removing the SD Card each time I want to transfer images or videos now.

If this doesnt fix the issue then it looks like its time for a new camera. I have a feeling that its writing to internal storage and not the SD Card possibly in which you insert the card into the card reader and no images or videos are there. So format the card in the camera with the menu that should give this option and then take a few pictures and then remove card and see if the images are on there. If still not there then be sure the SD Card is the default storage location. And try again.