Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lenovo ThinkPad locked  (Read 2654 times)

marie.siciliano

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    lenovo ThinkPad locked
    « on: March 22, 2016, 04:12:24 PM »
    I have a Lenovo ThinkPad has Winxows 8 and when I push the power button the green light on the FN button doesn't light up and I don't hear the fan kicking on. I tried taking the battery out. I thought my online school locked it since they provide the laptop. But they didn't since I paid for it.the product is 20C6008SOS the serial number is PF04FQQT the BIOS J9ET98WW(2.18). Please help me I cannot continue school and get my bachelor degree in information of technology emphasis in security. Thank you. Marie.for your guys help

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: lenovo ThinkPad locked
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 04:46:59 PM »
    Do you get any response when you plug the charger in in terms of lights?  Try turning it on with the battery removed but the machine plugged in so it's being powered directly off the mains.  If that fails I'd try a different power adapter in case that's the problem.

KandoNYC

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: lenovo ThinkPad locked
      « Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 08:41:51 AM »
      You said that the fan did not come on, but does the led in the power button come on?