Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Shutting down during a Graphics driver update  (Read 4097 times)

Brian Massumi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Shutting down during a Graphics driver update
    « on: March 14, 2016, 06:22:33 PM »
    I shut down my computer while updating my Nvidia Graphics driver because it was unresponsive for about 5 minutes so are the files corrupted now? I learned now to update through device manager

Shady Cat

Greenhorn

• Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Shutting down during a Graphics driver update
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 03:08:56 PM »
    Hey there,

Since i'm new here and no one seemed to have answered your question...
    Even though you seem to have solved this (like a boss) on your own, i still want to try and answer this.

Most of the time when shutting down the system during an update nothing will happen.
    On reboot the update should be recognized as incomplete and should continue.

However if you shut down whilst updating an important file (system files or such) that file might get corrupted and your system will be unable to boot. or which is -in my opninion- worse it would cause "random" errors, crashes and slowness (in your case you would probably have weird graphical issues)

Shady
    Time is an illusion

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Shutting down during a Graphics driver update
    « Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 03:27:03 PM »
    You already have another thread with this question. I'm going to lock this one. One thread per topic please. thank you.