Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Old 4 USB Hub  (Read 2533 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Old 4 USB Hub
    « on: April 22, 2016, 05:17:27 PM »
    Its old, but rarely used,  so i tried to see if it still useable. I plugged it in to my surge connector and checked Device Manager. DM says its fine with its drivers and working acceptably. The problem is that it does not show up in the C drive or any other driver. It also, as I recalled, light up after inserting a usb thumb drive. In fact, Windows plug and play does not acknowledge it at all...so why then DM says its just fine?

Salmon Trout

Re: Old 4 USB Hub
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 03:59:03 AM »
    The problem is that it does not show up in the C drive or any other driver.
    Not sure what this means? Do you mean that when you plug a known good USB disk or pen drive into the hub, that drive does not appear as a letter in your list of drives in Windows Explorer? What about phones, cameras, keyboard, mouse, etc? Are they seen? Unless you are very short of money, you need not worry. They are very cheap these days.

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 08:42:52 AM »
      Yes, finally found the problem. Its been a long time and forgot to add a usb cable to the usb port. I am now able to use it. One thing arose though...as I connected the cable to the pc i got a message to use a faster port on my desktop. It showed a list of higher powered 2usb ports on my system. It doesn't say which port...front or back, but regardless, the way its connected now, I was able to read my usb thumb drive.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 08:46:08 AM »
      What is the brand and model of your system?

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 04:36:58 PM »
        Its a build and Win 7, and the hub port is Belkin. It says on the cover good up to XP...lol. and here it is working just fine in Win 7...go figure. Thanks