Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Spotify hacked? Angry users fight to regain accounts.  (Read 3513 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Spotify hacked? Angry users fight to regain accounts.
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:28:28 PM »
That is what is being reported by Computerworld and others. Here is one link:
http://www.computerworld.com/article/3061304/security/spotify-hack-accounts-leaked-users-exposed-itbwcw.html
[Spotify is a music collection service]
This is not really new. They still deny anything happened. So it is only a new denial of something that allegedly happened a few months ago.
Here is another:
https://it.slashdot.org/story/16/04/26/1831242/spotify-denies-user-details-hacked-after-passwords-show-up-online
What do you think?  :)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Spotify hacked? Angry users fight to regain accounts.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:37:22 PM »
Possibilities:

It could be a new malware payload. Users who use spotify on compromised devices have their login details stolen.

Another website or service has been compromised that isn't particularly useful to those who got the data out of it, so the malicious users took the information they got from that service and tried the logins/passwords on spotify, saving the account details that worked as "leaked" data.

The user data could have been Phished from the users in question. "First spotify sends me an E-mail asking me to reply to confirm my account details, and now my account is hacked! dang you spotify and your poor security"
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Spotify hacked? Angry users fight to regain accounts.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 04:54:52 AM »
"First spotify sends me an E-mail asking me to reply to confirm my account details, and now my account is hacked! dang you spotify and your poor security"

Quote of the Month Finalist.... ;D
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "