Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Install problems  (Read 3416 times)

jfoust98

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Windows 7 Install problems
    « on: May 06, 2016, 09:18:43 PM »
    Here's my question, I recently just built my new gaming PC, i have an I5 6500, a Gigabyte H170-Gaming 3 motherboard, stock heat sink for now, 16 gb corsair vengeance DDR4 ram, a western digital 1TB hard drive, and a GTX 680 by EVGA later to be upgraded. I have been trying to install windows 7 for the past couple hours to no avail. i have a genuine copy. I  lost the disk but they gave me a copy to download and install from on a disk. so my problem is, the install gets to about 50% of the "expanding windows files" part, stops going higher, then comes up with an error saying windows could not install files, they may be corrupt or missing.
    whats wrong with this? can anyone help  me please? i want to get my new build up and running

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 7 Install problems
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 06:41:37 AM »
    Are you sure the hard drive is healthy? A unhealthy hard drive can cause this.

If you have another hard drive to place into the system and try again that would be helpful. Additionally other option is to borrow someone elses Windows 7 DVD and install from that and then use your key. If you get the same results with someone elses oem Windows 7 DVD. This DVD can not be a Recovery Set DVD, it has to be the one that was purchased as a new build installation. If you get the same results with the 1TB drive then the drive is suspect. If it works and gets past this point then the media you started with has an issue.