Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound  (Read 2235 times)

olarwummy

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    sound
    « on: June 15, 2016, 05:58:17 AM »
    i dont have an idea of what to do, when my laptop start making noise after i hibernate it for some seconds or hours, it make noise loudly, that i have to press a key before it stop, and continue with the setup, i mean to resume from the previous
    please i needs quick and prompt assistance from you,, am frustrated and embarassed when it make such an horrible noise in front of my girlfriends...pls help me out, i dont known what to do...

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: sound
    « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 07:36:05 PM »
    am frustrated and embarassed when it make such an horrible noise in front of my girlfriends

not sure what to say to this other than I never thought a computer acting up could be embarrassing. And more than one girlfriend too.  ::)

Shut hibernation off if its not working correctly. Shut the system down the normal way and allow it to boot clean vs from last state. I have seen before where a system that is used with hibernation over and over again gets messed over time as for it never has a chance to fully zero out. Whatever is in RAM is written to disk and then reloaded back into memory at boot, and borked bits can cause issues. Do a normal shut down when not in use and a normal boot. If the problem remains then do a repair installation or restore system back to earlier state to when this issue wasnt existent.