Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: monitor - sporadic reception  (Read 2310 times)

rachaelc

monitor - sporadic reception
« on: November 27, 2005, 02:05:55 AM »
I purchased a tft flat screen 14 months ago.

A week or so ago I turned my computer on but the screen remained blank.  Power is supplied to the monitor and it powers on, but just displays a white colour with no messages.

I attached another monitor to the computer and it worked fine.

I left my own monitor for 1 week and then retried and it worked perfectly.  The following day however the same problem was back.

Could it be something to do with leaving the monitor on standby?  I do this all the time, but for the week inbetween it not working and working i actually powered it off.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated

Computer_Commando

Re: monitor - sporadic reception
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 07:57:13 AM »
I suppose the warranty was 12 months?  If it works by powering off when not in use, then continue to power it off.

rachaelc

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 08:28:01 AM »
yep - the warranty was indeed 12 months?  Do they do this on purpose??

Unfortunately the answer isn't that simple as the monitor doesn't work every time i turn it on after powering off....infact it has only happened once.  Any other suggestions??

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 09:11:10 AM »
Contact the manufacturer to see if it is a known issue. Maybe there was a recall and you weren't notified? If not then you are probably SOL.