Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to delete file names from WORD and PAINT on XP computer  (Read 3199 times)

69alyssa

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Is there any way I can delete file names (and/or not have them recorded in the first place) from Word and Paint?

What I am referring to is when you open up your Paint or Word application an then click on "Open" and you get a "File Name" drop-down menu that has a lot of names of files previously opened in a given application or applications.

I have tried to highlight a given file name and then hit the "Delete" key, but that doesn't work. I have tried to right-click a file, but no options appear.

69alyssa

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Trying to remove/delete file names/paths from PAINT and WORD histories.
      « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 04:12:01 PM »
      Is there any way I can delete file names (and/or not have them recorded in the first place) from Word and Paint?

What I am referring to is when you open up your Paint or Word application an then click on "Open" and you get a "File Name" drop-down menu that has a lot of names of files previously opened in a given application or applications.

I have tried to highlight a given file name and then hit the "Delete" key, but that doesn't work. I have tried to right-click a file, but no options appear.

(This is an XP machine).

zep516

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
        Manners are the basis of a civilized society and make everyone's lives just a little happier. They cost nothing but they are worth so much

Salmon Trout

Re: Trying to delete file names from WORD and PAINT on XP computer
        « Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 04:01:54 AM »
        In Word, there is an option to set the number of recently viewed files to 0 (zero). What version are you running?

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        Re: Trying to delete file names from WORD and PAINT on XP computer
        « Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 04:06:29 AM »
        Please don't post the same question more than once. Topics merged.