Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: scanner error  (Read 4504 times)

billyboy

scanner error
« on: August 01, 2004, 09:59:14 AM »
 I recently purchased a used scanner, it came with 3 installation discs, I installed it and it seems to be on my hard drive, but when I click on the scanner icon, I get this error message, " THE SHELL 32.DLL FILE is linkedto the missingexport SHLWAPI .DLL:SH REG US VALU A ". What does this mean and how do I fix it?
I would appreciate any help to make my scanner work.
Billyboy

Raptor

Re: scanner error
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 12:52:19 PM »
  • What Operating System are you using?
  • What scanner are you refering to?
  • Is it a legal copy?
  • Is the scanner compatible with your current Operating System?
  • Is your refrigerator running?

j_t_r

Re: scanner error
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 04:37:28 PM »
Did you try to uninstall scanner program and then Re-install it again. if so and then problem is still there, my guess is the software ( scanner) is corrupt in your hard disk, or was either wasn't copied properly in the disk and other problem could be maybe you have delete a program that associate with SHLWAP.DLL, shell32.dll and that is why you got that message. There is a link between these two file (1) shell32.dll, which comes with windows and the other file SHLWAP.DLL which i think it comes with scanner, these two file operate together or shall i say they share operation. Other problem could be in your registry, and i wouldn't suggest you to go there you have to be a bit of an expert.

PS. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU DID DIFFERENTLY