Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP pc ps2 ,but other installed application' prompt to update sp & security ?  (Read 9826 times)

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Sorry ! As many times I've seen the ATI Catalyst C.C. start -up prompt you think I would remember exactly what you said it was to be. Since 1.1 net framework was installed during recovery I guess it was to be good & did not think it needed to be reinstalled as my XP PC performed quite normal. So, I need to uninstall my present 1.1 Net F.work & install your click here link for a  new version 1.1  instead ? This should work without messing up all what I done to get to 4.0 sp3. so far ?  If I left my PC without 1.1 N.FWork most likely would not work as well & cause issues maybe ?  Is It where installing 1.1 N.F.Work over laps to being 2.0 which seems that was the case when I install the many others earlier before ? I will uninstall my current 1.1 & try to download your 1.1 if that is all I need at this time  ::)           

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

I just got through uninstall my past 1.1 Net Framework & reinstall your click link 1.1 soon after which installed correctly with no errors. I have 5-6 N.F.Work 2.0 set-up or updates downloads ,but (only) one was able to be installed well, but I still get the to control ATI Catalyst C.C. need 2.0 N.F.Work prompt during start-up as always. Abit  hard to believe that between all my many 2.0 downloads I have nothing else works except one  ? I had always ran security scans on all downloaded apps or exe before using them which finished scan reported no infections , but two 2.0  had DEP shutdown's on them which I deleted both soon after. The other few others had errors or would prompt as not address to any of my present file location, close as I can recall not exact as prefered  :P

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
What Versions of .NET Appear in Add/Remove Programs?

EDIT: I checked the aforementioned XP PC I have where ATI CCC works:

ATI CCC Version 1.2.2314.20337

I have "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2" installed there. I'm quite certain I only had it installed originally for ATI CCC, so it seems perhaps the 1.1 note I found elsewhere was incorrect, sorry about that.

I also have:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended"

(The last two I know I installed more recently as I was trying to run one of my programs that need Framework 4)
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

Here's list of my add/remove program install thats related to: Net Framework 1.1,2.0,3.5, 4.0 client  profile sp3, Microsoft snyc framework2.0 core componetx86 ENU, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005.08', 10', 13" x86. Microsoft Visual XNA framework redistributable 2.0 ,3.0 x86. Missing Microsoft 1.0,3.0 &  Access Runtime which I remember installing all three during my attempt to install all my Microsoft framework downloads ???  My XP ATI Catalyst CC. version #2.010.0210.2338 which I downloaded from AMD after my XP system recovery. AMD support be sure to d.load the XP Media center version Which install seem to work well ! Not sure what would be the next move now  :P

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Get an nVidia vid card...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

Glad, to report that all that I have tried finally got to download my current installation which needed XP sp3 for it to work, Great, but sad news that I need to upgrade to at least Windows 7 for the application to function correctly. Whole new difficult ball game to tackle something else I'm not sure the best way do that upgrade ? Since having two Vista's home basic PC's to use too & I guess that would be the easier method to upgrade to Win 7 instead ? Thanks for BC_& You for all your support !