Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No audio on my laptop  (Read 5788 times)

merlin_2

Re: No audio on my laptop
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 05:58:37 PM »
You have  seem to have solved your own problem?

SRH

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 06:08:17 PM »
No, the sound still isn't working but it sounded like you didn't have any more suggestions.

merlin_2

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 06:13:20 PM »
Do you now anything about pcs.........or is this some kind of web-game you have started on........pc chess.stop playing the fool........as most people take the british for idots we are not.........the yanks/candians/ossies maybe.

SRH

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 06:30:45 PM »
Yes, I know a little bit about PCs, enough to have tried the things I've already tried but clearly not enough to figure out what the problem is. And no, this is not a game. I'm not playing the fool at all Merlin, if you can help I'd appreciate it if not then just quit responding. There's no need to get rude. I am honestly having a PC problem here and would really like to get my sound fixed without having to take it into a shop and pay a whole bunch of money. Besides, how would I have any idea you're British? I found this site on a Yahoo search for computer help. Geez.

merlin_2

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 06:36:07 PM »
Shall we start from.......whathave you done...........was this laptop bought on emay.....the specs are......?

No one gains from timewasted.........not even you/?

SRH

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 06:49:54 PM »
I bought my laptop brand new off the Gateway website in June 2003. The sound has always worked until today. Just Saturday I was playing a CD and everything was fine but suddenly today there was no audio. No error message, no nothing, just no audio. I added some new software about a week ago but it didn't affect the sound as far as I know of because it worked since then. I have WIndows XP Home Edition Version 2002 with Service Pack 1 (I installed Service Pack 2 about 3 weeks ago but it really slowed my computer down so I took it off. Don't think that affected the sound). I also have a Mobile Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.20 GHZ, 2.19 GHz, and 248 MB of Ram.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 11:24:14 PM »
    Take a look in your device manager for !s and Xs and ?s.

SRH

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005, 12:49:55 AM »
    Thanks, but I checked the device manager and everything there looks good. No red or yellow marks, just the normal pluses.

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #23 on: November 29, 2005, 12:06:07 PM »
      I would try re-installing DirectX 9.0c.