Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 10 error 0xc00021a  (Read 6266 times)

zeitsef

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    windows 10 error 0xc00021a
    « on: August 12, 2016, 05:14:17 AM »
    Hello everyone,

For the past 3 days I am dealing with a very serious problem regarding my Windows 10 OS. The problem happened while I was gaming when my PC froze and I had to force restart it.

After that I keep getting the "Your PC ran into a problem" blue screen (image attached below) with an error labeling 0xc000021a.

I tried a bunch of google solutions and none of them seemed to be working and also none of the windows build-in solutions doesn't work (both resets, repairing with win10 repair disc, restore, return to previous build, fixMBR). Also I would like to point out that every time I try to chkdsk my OS drive (C:), this operation isn't allowed because "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process".

I am one step away  from formatting my drive, so any help will be appreciated, although I would like to point out that I have check a lot of google solutions so please don't bring up the same solutions as answers.

Thank you for your time in advance.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: windows 10 error 0xc00021a
    « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:30:19 AM »
    Have you tried resetting Windows 10?  Settings->Update & security->Recovery->Reset this PC.

This will reinstall Windows and gives you the option of keeping your existing files.

zeitsef

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »
      As I mentioned in my post none of the  troubleshooting mechanisms (resetting , repair , restore to a previous point , restore to a previous build) are working. I can't even get my system to boot in safe mode!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 11:18:01 AM »
      It's Shift + spam F8 for Win 10 safemode...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

zeitsef

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:58:02 PM »
        That doesnt work either