Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SVGA Monitor Display Fault  (Read 4591 times)

sukanth

SVGA Monitor Display Fault
« on: August 15, 2004, 06:55:10 PM »
My SVGA Monitor    Monitor Type   15" CRT  - HP 55 - named    Monitor Name   HP D8894  Serial Number   CN94682893  Manufacture Date   Week 46 / 1999  gave good service for 3 years. Then intermittently, there appeared black, horizontal lines, bands in the top inch of the monitor which came and went but have now become permanent. Is this due to a row of dead pixels / ghosting / streaking? How do I get the problem solved? Please help. Many Thanks!

Raptor

Re: SVGA Monitor Display Fault
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 02:22:18 AM »
Have you tried connecting the monitor to a different videocard and/or computer yet?

sukanth

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 05:39:03 PM »
I tried connecting the defective monitor to another PC and another monitor to this PC and also checked the BIOS - all of them pointed to hardware fault in the monitor. Ultimately I called in a Monitor Service Enginer - a decent one - who isolated a faulty Capacitor in the deflection circuit of the monitor and replaced it and the Monitor is fine now! Cost me just 200 Indian Rupees in all! Good Lord! I hope the good result last long!
Many Thanks to the Computer Hope Forum too for all the useful information.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 03:16:18 AM »
Come back if you have more questions.