Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scroll Bar  (Read 3491 times)

Nic

Scroll Bar
« on: November 17, 2005, 03:54:45 PM »
Please help, this is only a small thing but it is really irritating me, my scrollbar on internet explorer is not scrolling smoothly, for some reason the stupid thing has decided to jerk every time i try to scroll and when im trying to read something it is making it difficult and extremely boring, please help  ???

GX1_Man

Re: Scroll Bar
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 04:11:16 PM »
Well we don't want you to be bored. How about a detail or two about your system, your operating system, version of IE, spyware/adware/antivirus programs loaded and being used. More details get a better reply.

nic

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »
im useless im afraid at anything to do with the pc, all i know is that nothing has changed but its decided to start doing it and the smooth scrolling option on tools is already ticked

Blackberry

Adviser
  • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
    « Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 05:10:33 AM »
    what is your os and wat is your browser..........
    Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

hannah

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 05:10:53 AM »
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND IT DRIVES ME CRAZY !!

I have windows Xp and IE 6. I have also tried it with Mozilla and its the same thing.  I have Avast on the pc as well as CCleaner.

Everytime I open my browser and try and scroll down the page it 'jerks' its way down. Its like an old 'Departures' board at the airport !!

If I click repeatedly on the 'down' arrow I have to stop clicking and wait while the page catches up - it is so infuriating !!!

Can anyone help !!! >:(
    « Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 05:11:53 AM by hannah »

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 12:06:47 PM »
      If I click repeatedly on the 'down' arrow I have to stop clicking and wait while the page catches up - it is so infuriating !!!

This sounds like you could be running low on resources, is there anything hogging them?
      Possibly RealPlayer, Norton or a parasite?

hannah

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 02:56:16 AM »
      I dont know. Can you check processes using ctrl+alt+del ??  If so what exacty would I be looking for. I dont run any other programmes when I am using a browser

thanks

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 04:24:52 AM »
      CTL-ALT-DEL and then task manager.