Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Got a Hackathon invite  (Read 3086 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Got a Hackathon invite
« on: September 27, 2016, 05:09:41 PM »
Was looking through my e-mail today and saw an interesting invite to a hackathon. Think I am going to enter to see what its all about but I dont have the time to put into coding to try to win the prizes. Looks like its a 15 day event and based around a new movie warner bros coming out called The Accountant. Figured I'd share this here in case anyone else is interested in this sort of thing. Watching the trailer to the movie, I'm sort of lost as to how this movie has anything to do with hacking but it looks like he Ben Affleck manipulates numbers I guess to cook the books and more.

Join The Accountant Hackathon now, it's free, online and open to everybody

How it works
The Accountant Hackathon is a programming competition for which you will have 15 days to imagine the best solution to an action game. Challenge your friends and see how you stack up against worldwide coders!

Choose your weapon
There are 25+ programming languages to choose from to participate, so go for your favorite or try a more exotic one!
Easy to enter, harder to master

It doesn’t take more than a few minutes to come up with a basic solution, but to get the highest possible score, you will have to optimize your code the smart way.

Fine tune your strategy
Within the 15 days of the competition, you will be able to fine tune your program whenever you like, as much as you like, to climb in the rankings.

Rookie? Train first!
New on CodinGame? Try some of our other Optimization Games to practice before the contest.

https://www.codingame.com/hackathon/the-accountant?utm_source=CodinGame&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=invitation%20to%20the%20contest&utm_campaign=the-accountant

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
Re: Got a Hackathon invite
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 11:22:57 PM »
Interesting, not sure about an online hackathon though. I participated in several hackathons during University and most of the fun was the atmosphere working with others and spending a short period of time like 24/48 hours with almost no sleep on something that will probably break hilariously right as you are going to present it (like the time we built a thing that had a feature that generated a word cloud from live tweets in a geographical area. This feature having been cobbled together at 5am on the morning of the judging day. Of course during the live demo we ended up standing in front of a word cloud full of expletives...). Oh the stories I could tell from hackathons I've been at... This element would be completely lost if it was purely online.

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
Re: Got a Hackathon invite
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »
haha cool and quite the surprise to have the word cloud of expletives haha.  ;D