Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Save Spotify tracks  (Read 3870 times)

SnailTrail

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Save Spotify tracks
    « on: September 30, 2016, 06:02:26 AM »
    Hello,

Does anybody know a legal and easy way of saving Spotify tracks? saving them to a USB stick would be ideal, so that I can use it on the way

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Save Spotify tracks
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:43:25 AM »
    You can't save a Spotify track as a regular file such as an MP3, you need to buy them from an external source.  However, if you have Spotify Premium you can save tracks for offline listening but you need to use Spotify on the same device that you downloaded them to to play them back.  To do this, create or find a playlist then right click it in the list and select "Download" - This will save the playlist for offline listening.

WhiteCollar

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 01:25:11 AM »
      There is Tunebite ( http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_internet_radios/spotify.html ) that acts as a legal spotify recorder that will save your streams and also help transfer to other devices. You can also save in what format you like

licoriceallsorts

Beginner

• More apple pie please
        • Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 09:42:07 PM »
      Any sound you can listen to on your pc you can save. A free program such as Audacity can record such sounds and with the lame plugin, save as a mp3.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 10:36:31 PM »
      Any sound you can listen to on your pc you can save. A free program such as Audacity can record such sounds and with the lame plugin, save as a mp3.
      The distribution of a copyright work has explicit or implied restrictions. No need to site a source. You already know that. -Right?

But for what it's worth, here is an idea I think is feasible and legal and should not cause any problems with the copyright people. Make a decision to use your favorite MP3 player or audio player pass the destination device for music that has to be registered with the vendor or source. The device should be portable and have a Bluetooth interface. With the Bluetooth interface you'll be able to send the audio to your headphones, a portable loudspeaker, or a car radio equipped with Bluetooth or even a home sound system if it has Bluetooth capability. Normally Bluetooth only travels for a short distance and it only will interface with another device and not broadcast to multiple devices. So I believe that is why it would not violate the copyright laws. Of course, the use of a Bluetooth device would not prevent you from making a recording of the audio. But pass the above poster stated, anything you can hear you can record with some kind of recording device. As far as I know, recording devices will not be blocked by copyright restrictions. I think that's true, but I'm not completely sure. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Lorraine walsh

Intermediate

• A techie by nature!
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 03:02:32 AM »
        I do not think there is any 'legal' way of doing it I mean why would the premium users like me would than have to pay for this service if an average user is able to download/save the tracks. And, I seriously doubt the genuineness of such products that appear to claim can download with paying.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:21:12 AM »
        Lorraine,
          You make a good point. The music companies are at odds with many things people now do with electronic devices. Some effort has been made to stop users from sharing musics they bought.   Tools the circumvent the copy protection make it easy from people to break the copyright.

Lorraine walsh

Intermediate

• A techie by nature!
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 03:57:43 AM »
          Lorraine,
            You make a good point. The music companies are at odds with many things people now do with electronic devices. Some effort has been made to stop users from sharing musics they bought.   Tools the circumvent the copy protection make it easy from people to break the copyright.
          I appreciate you seconding my thought. Piracy is something that should be stopped with all ends.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          « Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 04:26:03 PM »
          Here are some news stories to follow.
          The RIAA, the music industry, is going after the MP3 people again.
          http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/09/riaa-takes-on-stream-ripping-in-copyright-lawsuit-targeting-youtube-mp3/
          The Recording Industry Association of America, the British Recorded Music Industry, and other industry lobbyists have sued one of the world's leading websites. They say that Youtube-mp3.org facilitates copyright infringement by enabling so-called stream-ripping for the masses.
          Stream-ripping on YouTube-mp3.org essentially works like this: input a YouTube music video URL into a field on the site, press "convert video," and minutes later you have a fresh download of the music on the video.
          Related to the above, here is anther recent story.
          http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/09/26/youtube-to-mp3-lawsuit/
          The lawsuit was filed in a California federal court.
          Youtube-mp3.org describes itself as “the easiest online service for converting videos to mp3.”  It’s the biggest YouTube to mp3 converter on the planet.
          It couldn’t be easier to use.  All you’ll need to do is paste a YouTube URL into the search box to “convert the audio-track of your video-file to mp3…and you will be able to download it.”  According to the site, you don’t even need to have an account in order for this to work.
          They even tell users,
              “Do not worry, our service is completely free. We need approximately 3 to 4 minutes per video.”
          For what i's worth; The conflict with MP3 is very old news. Itgoesmay 17 years or maybe more. Here is a 199 story from CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/09/mp3.death.idg/
          Opinion: MP3 death watch
          Over the past 20 years, the music industry supported the abandoned spoiler signal method and caused the elimination of DAT as a consumer medium because of onerous copyright-protection requirements. Other new hardware formats – Philips' DCC, Sony's MiniDisc – likewise have failed to catch on, as fears over copyright infringement overwhelmed the promise of the new technologies. If the RIAA ran the movie industry, it would have tried to quash VCRs, and the enormous revenues that video stores generate for film copyright holders might never have been realized.
          Yes, atone time they did have a way of preventing you from recording what  could hear. Really! Bu they won a battle and l lost the war.

And yes,I just might have some music I did not pay for. Maybe. ::)