Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC not booting with GTX 1070 (HELP!)  (Read 3062 times)

sadu1

Topic Starter

Starter

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
PC not booting with GTX 1070 (HELP!)
« on: October 07, 2016, 11:56:15 PM »
I helped a friend of mine build a new PC with some parts from his previous PC. AMD480 was bought first then replaced with nvidia GTX 1070 GPU, ASUS TUF Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, AMD FX8370 4.0, Using previously installed Ram 16gb, using previous HDD and SSD. got everything hooked up started PC up and there was first no signal from from the monitor.. I tried various methods to try to get it to work including taking everything apart and putting it back together. I finally noticed the VGA_led light was solid red. i was assuming it was the GPU after nothing else had worked.. bad card right? plugged in old GPU and it woked fine. i plugged the AMD 480 into my MB which is a 990fx ud3 r5. it worked fine.. returned the card for the Nvidia 1070 only to have the same problem. if i push the reset button and push the Mem_ok button on the MB it will boot up to the screen where u can push F1 to run the Bios. I looked at every setting in there and messed with everything i felt safe doing to no avail. i can get windows to load if i [bootoverride] from Bios to the SSD with the OS on it. i Flashed the Bios to the 2901 version and updated the Utility also.. STILL nothing. if i restart or shutdown the PC it will not boot up unless i pus hte reset button and the MEM_ok button on the MB. can anyone help with this? i ambeyond frustrated but also intrigued by this

sadu1

Topic Starter

Starter

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: PC not booting with GTX 1070 (HELP!)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »
side note: I did also try using different RAM to make sure the ram wasn't bad. in fact i used 2 different sets of ram. all had same result