Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: YouTube  (Read 3828 times)

Cheeks1231

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    YouTube
    « on: October 25, 2016, 03:03:11 PM »
    So a few weeks ago I tried to open a YouTube video and there is no video for it but the audio still plays. It happens with every video I try. I looked up how to fix it and the only thing I found said to clear my cookies and restart the computer. So I tried this, and nothing happened. Still the same black screen with audio. After trying this I uninstalled the browser and reinstalled it. Nothing changed. It is like this on any browser I use. 3 weeks later of no YouTube and it is stressing me out now. I am out of ideas.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: YouTube
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:04:24 PM »
    Cheeks1231, just hang in. Somebody here will help you. Meanwhile, we have not given info about  your PC or your OS.
    Did you make a change to your system in the last two days? 
    Did you install a new Video card? 
    Did you install Video Conference software?
    Details l make a difference.
    Skype is not like Apple contact.
    Windows Vista is not like Ubuntu.

More details please.  ;)

Cheeks1231

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »
      I have Windows 10. I haven't made any changes but there was an issue right before it happened with my computer it wouldn't let me restart my computer. i moved it and it wouldn't complete the restarting process. i tried everything it suggested and the same thing kept happening. So I had to reinstall windows and after reinstalling windows I had to download all of my programs again but it still worked after that until the next time I restarted my pc. I never figured out what the original issue was with the restarting was either.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 09:07:40 AM »
      Read http://ccm.net/forum/affich-540001-you-tube-no-video-only-sound  Then, check your setting for "hardware acceleration".

Cheeks1231

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »
        Read http://ccm.net/forum/affich-540001-you-tube-no-video-only-sound  Then, check your setting for "hardware acceleration".

Thanks. The problem wasn't that but it led me to solve the issue. When I reinstalled Windows, my Nvidia Geforce Experience was uninstalled entirely. I had no drivers.