Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Going back to desktop  (Read 4268 times)

bellow

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Going back to desktop
    « on: October 26, 2016, 08:19:29 AM »
    I have scanned my computer with malwarebytes and my anti-virus to find no issues. I am on Windows 10 and since the last 2 updates I have noticed weird things. Like I will have the browser window open and the window will minimize by itself(had another program do it). This happens within the first five mins after I have started the computer and then does not happen again. Is there anything else I can do?  This is what Task Manager looks like right after everything minimizes to desktop. I have screen shot of the system and the Windows version attached. I have done a sfc /scannot and it was clean as will

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

bellow

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Going back to desktop
      « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 12:54:13 AM »
      Update I tried going to safe mode and when I would click start I would get a Microsoft Windows error until it would open the start menu. Everything was taking a while to open too

pst33l

Rookie
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 11:54:36 PM »
      Hi bellow,

There could be couple issues with your machine. It seems like it's infected, have you tried looking at system restore? You may be able to restore to a previous point which your computer may work fine. It all depends what is the issue and the severity of it.

Can you do me a favour, click start and type in "msconfig" then click tab "Startup" then click "open task manager"  then screenshot that and post back. That shows me what is running on start up in case you have something infected running which every time you start your machine it en counts errors.

Let me know how you go.
      E: [email protected]

Regards,

Pst33l.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »
      This is from dictation.
      Here are some general observations about how I have sometimes isolated problems that are hard to understand. It helps a lot if you have another computer available to try things on another computer. In a few cases I have found that there are incompatibilities with some types of Paris feels or even sometimes a failure of an internal component that interferes with proper operation of the computer.
      One trick I have often used is the use of some type of partition manager or partition repair tool . I would create a new partition and then install an operating system on the new partition with a minimum set of external devices connected . Most often this would make it immediately clear there was something wrong with the way the original installation was working and then I would have the choice of either trying to repair the original installation or go ahead and use the new installation I had just created. If a person has a good backup scheme to some type of external storage, then disk space should not be an issue. If you make it a habit to back up stuff you don't used to in external storage, then you always have enough free disk days to experiment with a dual boot operating system.
      Of course, this is my preference. Others will disagree with me and say it's a waste of resources to have a dual boot operating system just because you want to do some analytical diagnostic studies once in a while. But for me, it's much more convenient to be able to use my own computer as a diagnostic tool because it has more than one operating system. Anyway, that's the way I'd do things and I thought I would just share it with you in case of you're interested in the idea.
      A good alternative to this is to make a USB flash drive into a thing that Microsoft calls" Windows to go". When properly licensed, it is a legitimate way to have a truly portable operating system that you can use to test any Windows-based computer that is having difficulties. For more information about that, you can do the Google search on the expression:
      Windows To Go.
      Ut works best if you have of fast flash drive with at least 16 GB of space.

Just my two cents worth. Microsoft

bellow

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 10:29:35 PM »
        Hi bellow,

There could be couple issues with your machine. It seems like it's infected, have you tried looking at system restore? You may be able to restore to a previous point which your computer may work fine. It all depends what is the issue and the severity of it.

Can you do me a favour, click start and type in "msconfig" then click tab "Startup" then click "open task manager"  then screenshot that and post back. That shows me what is running on start up in case you have something infected running which every time you start your machine it en counts errors.

Let me know how you go.

I think I have the right thing

bellow

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »
          PalTalk is disabled

bellow

Topic Starter