Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Small ventilator  (Read 2445 times)

skipperskips

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Small ventilator
    « on: December 16, 2016, 03:03:06 AM »
    Hello friends,
     I've quite an old computer, but it still works, it's around 8-7 years old. I have this ventilator, that was extremely loud, barely moving and was useless, can't play games, cause when the card overheats my screen says "no video input, entering sleeping mode" (at least I believe that). So I took it out, disassembled it, cleaned it, looked at some videos and changed the oil thing, but I'm an amateur, and I accidentally pulled out a cord out of the ventilator, I've put it back it, but it doesn't work anymore, is there any way to fix it? If I need a new one (which is probably the best course of action) where can I get 1? Do I need an exactly the same one? Closely the same or something? Or do I need a new card like that in the picture? Thank you for replying if you do.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Small ventilator
    « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:30:58 AM »
    As far as cooling for video card you could add a slot fan next to video card and add tape between the card and slot fan to suck cool air past the heatsink of the video card - or - you can add a fan like I have done before where you blow air across a passive heatsink to cool the heatsink which then cools the GPU. I have gotten by with mounting a 80 mm fan blowing across the video card. Or you can find a exact replacement to the ventilator you have.

update: Just found this which would work sweet side by side the card on the heatsink side of that card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119097&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-VGA+Cooling-_-N82E16835119097&gclid=CImJleP2-NACFYKPswodxSsK9g&gclsrc=aw.ds

skipperskips

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 08:36:59 AM »
      Thanks for your reply, I think I should try it, fortunately I've found someone who will sell it, but even with it working it still does overheat, this should be perfect. However, I'm quite unknown in this area, could you link me to any videos or instructions where I might find how to add the second cooler?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:46:07 AM »
      Hard to tell for sure from the pics but it looks to me like an AGP vid card...which although getting hard to find are still available...
      If you check your MBoard model it will tell you if i'm correct.
      So worst case scenario would be a replacement...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:27:59 AM »
      From the photo that looks like a 9500GT - Even the cheapest, new GPU would outperform it so I'd be inclined to just replace the card.