Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What about Virtujal Box from Oracle?  (Read 2638 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
What about Virtujal Box from Oracle?
« on: December 19, 2016, 06:17:37 PM »
This week I am going to try Virtual Box from Oracle.
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Have any of you used it on Windows XP? Have yum tried the android emulator?
Will it work? Is it too slow for videos?
Thanks for any help.  :)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: What about Virtujal Box from Oracle?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »
I tried VirtualBox a few years ago. But I didnt have a need for it so I removed it to free up hard drive space.

If you want a virtual environment that is Windows XP, if you can locate PC Anywhere 2007, you can use that and run a virtual XP system along side your already existing Windows XP system. On the occasion that I need to run 2 or more isolated environments on the same Windows based computer, I use Virtual PC 2007 and its as simple as linking my VHD for Windows XP and I can then have my virtual computer running along side my physical. For my virtual environment its XP Pro SP2 with 384MB of System RAM allocated to the virtual system. So multiples of virtual environments is only limited by amount of RAM, CPU processing power to juggle multiple systems physical + virtual system(s), hard drive space, and Windows Licenses to be legal with 1 license per virtual environment.

Occasionally i will fire up my Virtual PC 2007 which runs on my Windows 7 system and use that to test software without making a mess of my main computer. If its a game that I am testing that woudnt test well in a virtual environment, I then use my test rig that I have a system image of that after I test a game, I can wipe it clean by clean image placed onto the drive and then its clean and ready for the next test. This systems name is crashtestdummy  :P

The background image on crashtestdummy is this  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]