Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to capture Real streams?  (Read 3891 times)

Peccavi

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    How to capture Real streams?
    « on: December 03, 2005, 02:50:33 AM »
    I need to download Real Audio/Video Streams.

I tried Flashget but couldn't. Any other tried software or method that works?

Thanks.
    Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

Joleen

Re: How to capture Real streams?
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 08:25:43 AM »
    If it's a .rm file you're wanting then just download from the source.  If it's a live stream then try.. hmm.. I think it's called streamripper or some such.  There are several stream capturing apps available.

Peccavi

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
      « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:56:38 AM »
      Yeah, it's .rm file but I can't reach it's source. Unable to download because rstp protocol is not supported.

They are rm files and livestream also  ???
      Is it possible?

The source adresses of these files are like:

rtsp://157.150.195.57:554/ga/summit2005/worldsummit050916am-orig.rm?start="03:13:20"&end="03:17:55"&cloakport=80,554,7070

Any ideas.

Joleen

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 12:06:36 PM »
      Can you view the source of the file and grab it direct?  I'm not sure how comfortable you are digging in source files etc.

Peccavi

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
        « Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 11:17:31 PM »
        Thank you Joleen, good that you returned :) , thanks nlrem.

Can you view the source of the file and grab it direct?  I'm not sure how comfortable you are digging in source files etc.

The link that file places is like http://webcast.un.org/ramgen/ga/summit2005/.... and when I run this in browser it says save or open with (I use Firefox) , It can easily open with Real Player theres no problem. But when I save it , it's saved in .rm format . I tried to open it with notepad to view the source file and there's two links as:

rtsp://157.150.195.57:554/ga/summit2005/worldsummit050916am.rm?....

--stop--

pnm://157.150.195.57:7070/ga/summit2005/worldsummit050916am.rm?start...

What else?

Joleen

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 06:15:42 AM »
        If you were able to save the .rm then that's all you should need to keep it.  rm files are for Real Media so try saving the .rm and open it in Real Player.

Peccavi

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
          « Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 11:51:38 AM »
          Unfortunately. What I am saving is just 2kb file and only contains those link I wrote above.

I need sth to save that files from the source for running without internet or editing them.

My main problem is saving. They won't let me save those files. But sure I can easily run them from Real Player when I am online.

Dell4700

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 03:02:09 PM »
          There are many ways to save Real Media files.  One system that works is RM Recorder.  Free trial available here:  http://www.wmrecorder.com/rm_recorder.php?AID=10277736&PID=1448936&SID=rmr

FAQs on recording streaming media here:  http://all-streaming-media.com/streaming-media-faq/#streamrecording

Of course, the easiest way is to download and save the streaming file directly.  The 2 kb files you are saving are metafiles which point to the actual URL of the web based file.  Here is how to get the real file:

Metafiles contain URLs pointing to the corresponding media streams or to other metafiles. Some metafiles have rather complex structure for newbies so it is hard for them to get a stream URL using this method.

First of all save a metafile to your hard disk:

* Open a web-browser. Navigate to a page that has a link to a metafile.
             * Find the link to a metafile and make a right click on it.
             * Select "Save target as ...".
             * Change a name and location (if needed).
             * Click "Save" button.

After saving a metafile open it with a text editor (for example: Windows NotePad). Then find the URL of an actual stream.

If the saved metafile has a URL pointing to another metafile only, copy the new URL, paste it in your browser and download this new metafile. Then open the downloaded metafile with a text editor and so on.

On the above links, you will find how to save these files from your player also.

Dell