Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NortonAntivirus06 ruined my comp  (Read 2539 times)

DannyLB

NortonAntivirus06 ruined my comp
« on: December 03, 2005, 10:55:54 AM »
I got this antivirus a couple of nights before and i decided to install it last night. But during the instalation it gave me some errors saying that some file does not exist and that i should make it. But it didnt tell me what file and i could only click ok. It did that a couple of times untill it said that it was installed and i had the option of restarting now or later. I chose later because i was playing Football Manager 06 and i had to save the game and get out of it first.

But i noticed that after the instalation nothing worked anymore. Jesus, i cant even access paint to post a picture of what error it gives me on anything i click.

It says : The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create in the Foler Options control panel. :S

Whats annoying about it is that i cant do a system restore. If i go to click on that i get that message. I'm not a computer wiz, but i know that sometimes it's better to work in safe mode. So i did go there and i tried to do a system rstore there but even in safe mode i get these problems. Only that safe mode asks you if you are there just to do a system restore. I say yes and System Restore"shows" up. Only that it is a blank window and nothing else will happen. I dont know what to do anymore. I'd hate to lose all my memory sisnce i have about 90GB of taken memory right now.

Please help if you can. :'(

Nigel

Re: NortonAntivirus06 ruined my comp
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 11:17:02 AM »
Have you tried uninstalling Norton and seeing if that helps.

I've had problems with fire walls and anti virus software Where my settings have been changed and found the easiest route was uninstalling the product and starting again

Nigel

Blackberry

Adviser
  • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
    « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 11:10:27 AM »
    that is the risk if you install an beta version from a program, but you can't complain them, you clicked on agree by install, if you don't reed the user agreement, that's your problem...
    Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

queball

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 10:04:56 PM »
    nice