Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Second monitor not working  (Read 2618 times)

Junuh

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Second monitor not working
    « on: January 29, 2017, 11:27:16 AM »
    So I have a dual monitor setup that was working for awhile, but there seems to be a problem now. The display still seems to be 'working' because I can drag windows into the other screen and sometimes windows even default there, but the screen remains black (even though the indicator light shows blue). When I try to turn it on it either says on for less than a second or stays on for 5-7 ish then goes to black again.
     I'm running windows 10 and have checked connections a couple times already.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Second monitor not working
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:51:37 AM »
    I deleted the duplicate thread. Please don't post the same question more than once. Thank you.

Junuh

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 01:36:56 PM »
      oh sorry, I wasn't sure if it was a win10 or hardware issue so I wasn't sure which one to post it in

Totalreformer

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:45:37 PM »
      So I have a dual monitor setup that was working for awhile, but there seems to be a problem now. The display still seems to be 'working' because I can drag windows into the other screen and sometimes windows even default there, but the screen remains black (even though the indicator light shows blue). When I try to turn it on it either says on for less than a second or stays on for 5-7 ish then goes to black again.
       I'm running windows 10 and have checked connections a couple times already.

Try disconnecting the monitors and only connect the one you got issues with in the gpu slot you know works. Right click on desktop and check Screen resolution, make sure its not disconnected, check cable, check power and check the on off button of course. you never know until you go through the basics.