Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Touch screen stopped working.  (Read 2831 times)

snookerglen8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Touch screen stopped working.
    « on: February 05, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »
    Hi all

I have a Packard Bell OneTwo M3871.  My new phone wouldn't connect to my PC so I went into device manager then serial bus controllers.  I uninstalled the USB Devices then re-booted.  Phone would then connect ok.  Now the touch screen function has stopped working. Mouse pointer is ok. Packard Bell support do not have  touch drivers for Windows 7.

Any help would be appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Touch screen stopped working.
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 01:22:02 PM »
    Looking online it looks like Packard Bell has a horrible support system for drivers. I found a similar article here not sure if it will be any help as for its for Windows 8 and your on Windows 7. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/440cbce3-c22a-4553-aab7-54508a03fb48/finding-windows-8-packardbell-touch-screen-drivers?forum=w8itprogeneral

If you have the system recovery media you could always backup your data to an external drive and then perform a factory system recovery to put it back to the way it was new. Then drivers that are hidden in the recovery image will repopulate to the system and all problems should be gone. System would be restored back to out of box new condition with file system and drivers.