Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to install windows 7 64x on new laptop with usb 3.0 ports only ?  (Read 4151 times)

edzha90

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Hi there,

The purpose of Windows 7 - just on the second drive for car diagnostic tool software, otherwise on windows 10 won't work.

Laptop motherboard - gl702vt

I tried to install windows from USB CD DRIVE disc, USB flash drive, SD card and run windows 7 setup while on windows 10 (it starts to copy files and after that it restarts the computer and setup is gone)

In all 4 options I have this error 'No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok'. I also tried different ways switching off and on legacy support, safe boot etc.

After a research I think USB 3.0 cannot be recognised by windows 7 installation setup, is there any way around to get windows 7 installation setup working?

Regards

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How to install windows 7 64x on new laptop with usb 3.0 ports only ?
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
    The fact that it starts the setup and copies files but then fails seems to indicate that the USB 3.0 port concern isn't the issue.  Also, USB 3.0 ports are backward compatible with 2.0 so, again, that shouldn't be an issue.

When the machine reboots, do you see the message "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD"?  If so, make sure you do NOT press any key since once the setup files are copied to the drive the machine should boot from the hard drive and continue the installation.

Salmon Trout

Re: How to install windows 7 64x on new laptop with usb 3.0 ports only ?
    « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 02:47:28 AM »
    He got all his answers yesterday on Tom's Hardware. (No Win7 support for such a new laptop, have to slipstream drivers)

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3328931/install-windows-64x-laptop-usb-ports.html