Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connection refused and error<unknown>  (Read 6294 times)

Maria Castaneda

connection refused and error<unknown>
« on: July 31, 2004, 07:27:29 PM »
First time using this site & I'm, also not comp. savvy.  Pls. be patient.  I recently had a problem going on the Best Buy site.  I used to be able to access but now I get a mess. that reads Wcs2000 has caused an error<unknown>  Wcs2000 will now close. Then it bumps me offline.  Every single time and only that site.  Also I occ. get a message that reads The connection was refused when attempting to contact compuserve.com or any other site I'm logging into.  It doesn't happen too often but it's something that cocerns me since it never happened before.  What does it mean ???

Raptor

Re: connection refused and error<unknown>
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 04:56:14 AM »
Is Wcs2000 software you are using to connect to the Internet? If it is, I suggest you uninstall it and then install an updated version.

If it is not, you should scan for both viruses and Trojans. Refer to the Please Read This First - Viruses & Spyware sticky for useful links.

Maria Castaneda

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 11:53:28 AM »
Well, I scanned for viruses none but I was unsure about ad aware/spyware.  I heard about it but didn't know if it was worth using.  I did a free scan which said i had a worm and 2 other severe errors.  i noticed everyone on this site keeps recommending to use so I purchased one called noadware hope it's good.  Tried to log onto Best buy and I didn't get bumped off.  Thanks for leading me in the right direction.  It seems to have worked.  By the way what is Wcs2000?  U said to unistall and then re install? Remeber not to keen on comp. terms.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 01:05:19 PM »
that reads Wcs2000 has caused an error<unknown>  Wcs2000 will now close.

I donot know what Wsc2000 is. It is a term you introduced in your first post.

A very good and reliable adware scanner is Adaware 6.0. It is avaible from Lavasoft USA

I also suggest you look into a virus scanner such as Kaspersky (Personal Edition) or Norton Anti-Virus.