Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Glary Utilities  (Read 3685 times)

foxygrandma

Glary Utilities
« on: March 08, 2017, 11:07:14 PM »
I frequently use Glary Utilities and one of the choices is Check Disk.   After scanning, it sometimes shows that no errors were found, and sometimes it shows errors found--which it is now showing-- and to restart, and I have rebooted which shows it as fixing errors.  When I go to Local Disk (C:), click on Properties, and the tab Tools and it scans, I get No Errors Found.

I am not sure which one to believe.  Thanks, Anna Ruth

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Glary Utilities
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:25:30 AM »
Tools like Glary Utilities are generally pretty much useless and tend to cause more problems than they solve.  Even though these tools claim that they will magically fix all of your problems and that you need them to keep your PC running fine, the truth is that you don't need them at all.  Windows is capable of taking care of itself on its own.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:31:36 AM »
If you want to run a check on your disk go to START - RUN and type: chkdsk c: /r and then press enter. You will be told the drive is in use and asked if you want to schedule a check on the next restart. Type Yes and enter. For other partitions or disks you would replace "c:" with the correct drive letter. As camerongray states, third party "all-in-one" utilities should be avoided.

foxygrandma

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 02:12:23 PM »
If you want to run a check on your disk go to START - RUN and type: chkdsk c: /r and then press enter. You will be told the drive is in use and asked if you want to schedule a check on the next restart. Type Yes and enter. For other partitions or disks you would replace "c:" with the correct drive letter. As camerongray states, third party "all-in-one" utilities should be avoided.

Thank you very much, Allan!  Anna Ruth

foxygrandma

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »
Tools like Glary Utilities are generally pretty much useless and tend to cause more problems than they solve.  Even though these tools claim that they will magically fix all of your problems and that you need them to keep your PC running fine, the truth is that you don't need them at all.  Windows is capable of taking care of itself on its own.

All right.  Thanks much Camerongray.  Anna Ruth

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »
Just a reminder...there's no need to quote every post you respond to...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "