Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: changing player settings (stupid Apple!!!)  (Read 3035 times)

Brian Cha

changing player settings (stupid Apple!!!)
« on: December 04, 2005, 03:41:25 PM »
Hey guys, I downloaded apple's quicktime, and it wouldn't play movies, games, or anything of the like, so I decided to uninstall it. Unfortunately, there was no uninstal, so I decided to delete it because everything I try to do automatically opens onto quicktime. Bad move. It STILL tries to open onto quicktime, so I tried to reinstall it. It didn't work. Then, I tried to fix it, and that didnt work. Base line is... How do I get my computer to either get rid of quicktime or how do I change my comps settings so the games/movies are opened by something else, like windows media player or realplayer, or something???

GX1_Man

Re: changing player settings (stupid Apple!!!)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 08:38:47 PM »
QuickTime is bad but Real Player is worse. I recommend avoiding both at all cost.

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Re: changing player settings (stupid Apple!!!)
    « Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 02:08:03 AM »
    If APple don't supply a clean up tool try system restore to get rid of it.

If you want to change the program used to open a file either right click the file, left click properties and use the 'change' button to select the program.

Or

Open the application you want to use and configure the known file types to open as the default setting.
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!