Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop screen blinking very annoying problem  (Read 2804 times)

sachin.jain.uklana

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Laptop screen blinking very annoying problem
    « on: April 02, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft0Cvt9g8_I

Laptop Screen BLINK Problem. Screen goes BLACK for 2 seconds WITH SOUND OF DEVICE INSTALL AND UNINSTALL and comes back. With the help of a screen recording software, I recorded changes in device manager when screen blinks and found that GENERIC NON PNP (plug &play) MONITOR installs and uninstalls along with sound of device install and uninstall. But there is NO PROBLEM WHEN GRAPHICS CHIP IS NOT IN USE like when boot in safe mode or bios screen or after uninstalling graphics driver. One more interesting fact I noted is that MOUSE POINTER COMES EXACTLY IN THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN AFTER BLINKING, SO PROBLEM CAN NOT BE SCREEN RELATED. IF THE PROBLEM IS RELATD TO SCREEN, THEN MOUSE POINTER SHOULD BE FOUND AT THE ACTUAL SAME PLACE BUT IT IS FOUND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN ALWAYS. NO SOFTWARE PROCESS/MUSIC STOPS DURING PERIOD OF BLINKING EXCEPT GRAPHICS. Either graphics driver software or graphics card hardware is at fault.
    Video cable and LED have already been replaced. I reinstalled graphics driver from original disk of drivers which came with laptop. I even tried updating drivers to latest version but in vain. I even reinstalled operating system after formatting. It was good for three to four hours but after then same problem occurred. I checked for viruses and malware with updated antivirus.
    No fixed time of facing this problem. Sometimes happens more, sometimes less. Sometimes when there is little movement in any part of laptop or sometimes even without movement. Sometimes when there is heavy workload on laptop or sometimes without load. Sometimes when it gets heated up after work or sometimes even when booted after many hours when it is in quite cold state. No set pattern. Earlier it happened more in lying position rather than on flat surface but now even on flat surface of desk or even on drawing board (for ventilation of heat). If this problem is movement related, then it must be hardware related but it is strange that it happens not only in moving position but in still position also.
    Graphics card is unable to handle the graphics. If there is no software issue, then I think there might be some problem either in motherboard or integrated graphics chip /gpu. I read somewhere that it might be a problem of OVERHEATING of graphics chip or processor due to DRYING UP OF THERMAL PASTE which is responsible for transferring heat to heatsink otherwise the whole hardware needs to be tested.
    This is a very annoying problem as can be seen in video attached and tracing actual reason of the problem is quite challenging.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Laptop screen blinking very annoying problem
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 09:03:28 AM »
    External video port is damaged....a decent shop should be able to fix it.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

lostcoast

Hopeful
    « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »
    Disable the 2 yellow marked devices in device manager and test
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

sachin.jain.uklana

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »
      Yellow devices in device manager disabled but no effect.
      Motherboard video cable port looks good and does not seem to be damaged in any way. Can integrated graphics chip be the culprit?

lostcoast

Hopeful
      « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 09:12:50 AM »
      Does it blink in safe mode or bios screen?
      I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

sachin.jain.uklana

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »
        No it does not blink in safe mode or bios screen.
        Can hard disk or ram be the culprit? I am very much frustrated.