Microsoft > Windows NT/2000

Can't install .NET Framework 2.0: Can't open file "vs_setup.msi"

<< < (5/6) > >>

antoniu200:
Didn't work. But I have news about the kernel extension thing. I installed it and latest Firefox for XP worked. But I have a question: as ESET Smart Security 8 has an .msi file for the installer, how do I get past an error on that? I mean, the installer opens, goes past the system verification, of course, after tricking msiexec.exe that I am running XP, but after I click Next, it throws an error. I don't have error the code now, but I'll have it at 21:00 (GMT+2:00 time). Also, I tried to get Windows Installer 4.5 for Windows XP (.exe file), but it refuses to install it. Since the .exe contains all the Windows Installer files, I tried to replace them myself, but one file simply refuses to get copied in system32, that being msi.dll, reason why the Windows Installer service won't start and the .msi files wil spit the "Safe mode" error.

The question is: how do I get that .msi file installed?

Salmon Trout:
Antonio, don't diss teh Patioz.

antoniu200:
Really sorry for what I had to post here:

--- Quote from: Salmon Trout on April 26, 2017, 09:50:21 AM ---Antonio, don't diss teh Patioz.

--- End quote ---

Erstens: Mein name is Antoniu und nicht Antonio. (First: My name is Antoniu, not Antonio.)
Zweitens: Bist du Patio? (Secondly: Are you Patio?)
Drittens: Ich habe nur die Wahrheit gesagt. Er kann sauer sein, wenn er will. (Thirdly: I was just telling the truth. He can be pissed, if he wants to.)

I understood: Patio commands everything here and if you don't do as he wishes, you'll get dumped and be called an *won't say what* behind your back. Why I'm saying this? Because BC_Programmer used to respond to my thread almost instantly, but after I said what I said, BC won't say anything, even if 2 hours have passed. Maybe he simply is busy, I'll wait before I pull the plug. On what, you may ask? You'll see, is your answer. I really didn't intend to get arrogant, at all actually. My intention was to get help from some guys who have more knowledge than I do, but if the guys who have more knowledge than I do are either recieving commands from people who can't accept the truth, or just can't accept the truth, I might try to solve them somewhere else.

Salmon Trout:

--- Quote from: antoniu200 on April 26, 2017, 10:41:47 AM ---BC won't say anything, even if 2 hours have passed. Maybe he simply is busy
--- End quote ---
Maybe you pissed on the picnic with your attitude.

antoniu200:
I'm done…! Bye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version