Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help installing windows 95 with diskettes  (Read 4590 times)

jzorrilla

Need help installing windows 95 with diskettes
« on: December 08, 2005, 09:22:18 PM »
Hi Everyone

I tried to install windows 95 with a cd, but my cd-rom drive is not reading the cd. Is there any possible way in which I can copy the files I need for the installation to diskettes so I can install win 95 using my floppy drive. If it is doable what files will I need and in what order.

Mac

Need help installing windows 95 with diskettes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 02:44:25 AM »
Is the CD scrupulously clean, scratch-free and uncracked?

Can you make a copy on another computer?

jzorrilla

Re: Need help installing windows 95 with diskettes
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 08:53:40 AM »
Well I dont think it is the cd, because I tried it with a different computer and it worked. I even tried a cd I know for fact that work but in that computer the cd-rom just dont read it. But that is not my concern for now because in the near future I'm going to replace that cd-rom drive. What I want is to learn how to copy those files to floppy disk so I can do the installation through the floppy drive. What files will I need and what will be the secuence.

thanks a lot

JZ

jzorrilla

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 08:59:34 AM »
Is the CD scrupulously clean, scratch-free and uncracked?

Can you make a copy on another computer?

Well I dont think it is the cd, because I tried it with a different computer and it worked. I even tried a cd I know for fact that work but in that computer the cd-rom just dont read it. But that is not my concern for now because in the near future I'm going to replace that cd-rom drive. What I want is to learn how to copy those files to floppy disk so I can do the installation through the floppy drive. What files will I need and what will be the secuence.

thanks a lot

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 03:57:49 PM »
Check the MS Knowlege Base. That may or may not be possible.

If your CD can't be read, that could pose a problem though.

jzorrilla

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 04:16:34 PM »
I have this old ibm computer with windows 3.11 so I buy a windows 95 cd to upgrade the OS. but the cd-rom is not reading. I already download and install the driver from the manufacturer thinking that was the problem but no luck, then I inspect the physical connections to make sure the cd-rom drive power cable and the IDE drive cable are connected. The OS in the boot process recognize the presence  of the cd-rom drive and don't report any problem. So I have no clue of what is causing the cd-rom drive not to read the cd. Now I hope you see why I was trying to see if it is possible to copy the needed  files so I can do the installation with floppy

JZ

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 04:45:28 PM »
Did you boot from a Win95 boot disk? That is required to load the CDROM drivers so you can load the OS. Free boot disk at www.bootdisk.com

If that fails, I would get another CDROM drive and plug it in and use that. The floppy way may or may not work, the other way certainly would.