Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: If I change passwords on gmail can someone access on laptop w/prev pwds?  (Read 2647 times)

dahling

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Working with a nightmare client. Had injured my back prior and so she said leave your laptop here and save your back. So, I said um ok. I left it there and the next morning I was puzzled to get an email from her from my own email account! She said blithely (as I hadn't completely twigged that she had done that, I had just gotten an email from 'me' from her!) 'oh your email was still open and I am paranoid now about my email so I used yours'. How mindboggling is that? Anyway, because I am easygoing and because I dont have anything embarrassing on there ;), I didn't say anything. Anyway, so now she is threatening not to pay my invoice and still my laptop is there. So, I think I already know answer to this, as laptop will go to sleep, and gmail doesnt stay open indefinitely right ?, it needs to be relogged in. So, I went and changed all my passwords on all my accounts and just wanted to know unequivocally whether she will have access to my accounts now that i have changed the passwords off site?

Like what if she says "I forgot my password?"

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    If you go to your Google account you can review the connected devices and remove the laptop. The "Forgot password" approach would send an E-mail to whatever e-mail you have as a backup with a security code, or, it would send it to your smartphone.

You can also set up two-factor authentication.

Also I would like to hire you. Please bring your most expensive laptop.  ::)
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

dahling

Topic Starter

Starter

Haha, that's funny. I think I have learned some lessons! :)

Thank you for your help!! :)

dahling

Topic Starter

Starter

Another question, is there a way to see all the info about devices? Not just 'recent'? Also, does Google get the location wrong? It seems they shouldn't having google maps and all. I don't want to accuse her of taking my laptop out of her home when they just got the location wrong.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        Sounds like you need to settle these issues with her...not here.

Just sayin...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

she said leave your laptop here and save your back. So, I said um ok.
        Seems like the problem is PEBCAK.