Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wild cursor  (Read 3848 times)

Jokemor

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Wild cursor
    « on: June 24, 2017, 12:18:18 PM »
    When I boot my HP laptop with windows 10, disc shapes appear on the RH side of the screen which flash about vertically, along with vertical lines. While this is happening, the cursor flashes about rendering it inoperable. It usually stops after several minutes and peace is restored, can anybody explain the reason for this?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wild cursor
    « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »
    Connect this laptop to HDMI to a TV or if its got VGA port to a computer display and see if its doing this to that display as well. It might just be a display issue which can be corrected with display replacement. If this computer is new enough to have a warranty then I would use the warranty to cover the repair etc. If too old for a warranty then its either live with it the way that it is or pay someone to replace the display or replace the display yourself. However if you see this problem on another display that this laptop is connected to then its a GPU issue or something else going on and not the laptop displays fault for this then.