Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LM324n weird output when used as buffer  (Read 2138 times)

yamadanao

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    LM324n weird output when used as buffer
    « on: July 05, 2017, 03:53:24 AM »
    I am using an LM324n quad-core op-amp. I have connected it between +24 V and GND. One of its op amps is used as a buffer. When I pass the buffer a negative voltage, I get it inverted at the output although I expected it to be zero. Is this weird response somehow logical or expected?

Here is the datesheet of lm324n

Unfortunately I had some issues with Windows lately and I have no other schematic but for this handwritten one.

MOTOR VELOCITY input can become both positive and negative and that's where the issue is!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: LM324n weird output when used as buffer
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »
    Maybe I can help you. I have worked with Op-Amops years ago.
    Why do you want to use an op-amp?
    That device, the LM324 can be used either in a DC aplication or as a n audio amp.
    In either case, the normal method is to provide a split rail, + 12 volt and - 12 volt. If you want a bufgfer, you put a reitor from the output back to the invert input. ykou tie another risistor from the other input to grnd. You will get a voltage out of only a few milivolts.

Are you familiar witrh op-amops? The first thing to lern is to use a split ril supply.
    Trying to bnias the thing from a singel suppley can drive your ctrazy.

Why did you want to use a LM324?
    I have stron opions about op amps, but even so, I might be of some  help.
    For gbeneral use, the 4558 dual is a good coice. IMO.
    But you can make the LM324 work, but it does have a quirk.  :)