Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: preventing a 60 minute time out!  (Read 2338 times)

Mark E.

preventing a 60 minute time out!
« on: November 05, 2005, 12:44:20 AM »
ok so heres what gets me, everytime i play an online game, i have 60 minutes before it causes me to log out for no reason! so i have to log back in and play but then after another 60 minutes it does the same thing! how do i prevent the 60 minute time out?

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    Re: preventing a 60 minute time out!
    « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 12:50:42 AM »
    Buy it.  :)
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

Mark E.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 12:52:13 AM »
    Buy it.  :)

no it happens on all games. even bought ones. its a computer problem not the game problem.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 01:16:31 AM »
    Is it as regular as clockwork?

What computer make/model, processor, RAM, power supply, graphics card, sound card, game involved, etc.

It is only this one game?

Mark E.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 02:26:16 AM »
    it's pretty much every game i play. I have 60 minutes of gameplay from the time i log in. I have a Cable Modem connection. and an E-Machine (i know they suck but it works pretty good). Maybe theres some setting on my computer, ive tried everything but so far i cant find out why.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 02:30:58 AM »
    What if you're not gaming at all, just surfing the net, playing Solitaire, whatever?

If gaming only it may  be a heat problem. What games, how demanding and what is your hardware setup? Are these games run from the CD?

Knut_Arne_Vedaa

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 04:34:47 AM »
    Could it be that your router is kicking you out? Try logging on to it and look for a setting a la "DHCP lease time".

From http://www.comptechdoc.org/independent/networking/guide/netdhcp.html -

DHCP Lease Renewal

After 50% of the lease time has passed, the client will attempt to renew the lease with the original DHCP server that it obtained the lease from using a DHCPREQUEST message. Any time the client boots and the lease is 50% or more passed, the client will attempt to renew the lease. At 87.5% of the lease completion, the client will attempt to contact any DHCP server for a new lease. If the lease expires, the client will send a request as in the initial boot when the client had no IP address. If this fails, the client TCP/IP stack will cease functioning.

Mark E.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 02:09:35 AM »
    The games I know that kick out every 60 minutes are Ragnarok, Knight Online, and Ultima Online. Doubt it is a heat problem, I just think there is some significance to the 60 minute time out. the DHPC didn't work. I don't play solitare so I wouldn't know.

Mark E.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 11:32:10 PM »
    OK, i figured out what the problem was, the only problem now is solving it. It seems to be a watchdog timeout error. It is caused by SNA Server Keepalives on Idle LAN Connections. The only problem is, how do I set it to not start over every 60 minutes?