Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: microphone  (Read 2316 times)

kschwarder

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    microphone
    « on: August 29, 2017, 12:18:53 AM »
    I am not sure if I have a microphone in my computer....I think someone is tracking me remotely...so I want t o know if I am supposed to have one

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: microphone
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:23 AM »
    Laptops and netbooks have them built in ( usually a pin hole near web cam ).

For someone to track you by use of your microphone they would have had to have infected you or had access to your system physically to add a listener service.

If you want to be sure your not being listened to then do a factory install or clean installation of the system. No need to destroy the built in microphone as for it can only be enabled if your system was compromised.

If its a desktop computer 99% of them dont have built in microphones but they have the jacks to attach them. If its an all in one desktop then it could be part of the 1% that actually do have built in microphone.

btw ... there are so many ways to track people without use of microphone. So if the computer is being used for anything shady on your behalf, the microphone alone wont save you from being tracked and I cant share details on what other ways you can be tracked because we cant assist those who are up to no good trying to hide etc.  ;D

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »
    Just because he's paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get him...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:07:33 PM »

let us know your PC specs and your monitors (hopefully) and from that it can be determined if your monitor or PC has a microphone.

get Speccy from here; https://www.piriform.com/speccy/builds

in Speccy, click File > Publish Snapshot > Copy to Clipboard > Close.
    now you can paste(Ctrl+V) that link into a post.
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:40:47 PM by Mark. »

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 08:29:39 AM »
    I am not sure if I have a microphone in my computer....I think someone is tracking me remotely...so I want t o know if I am supposed to have one
    If you could give some details about what signs you see that make you think someone is tracking you, that would be helpful.  For example, are you talking about ads you see when browsing the web?