Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio device has been disabled  (Read 2246 times)

amywindows2000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Audio device has been disabled
    « on: September 06, 2017, 02:25:35 PM »
    Hi everyone. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 64 bit with Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1.
    Suddenly my sound has got disabled for no reason. I go to 'control panel' then when i click on 'sounds' nothing happens at all. I have not had any Windows updates for about a year now so it's not that. I have no audio icon on the taskbar, i have also been to device manager and re-installed the sound which is 'idt high definition audio codec'.
    On the services list i have no Windows Audio which is very weird.
    I have an anti-virus installed and a junk cleaner, they were installed way way before this happened. It's almost like my computer is saying i have no audio device installed. I will be very surprised if i can get this fixed because i have tried everything.
    I did some sound checks, you know when you start the computer and press f12, well i got 1 hardrive error Error code: 2000-0146, after that finished it asked me if i want to check any specific folders and i checked the sound and it played it from left and right speakers and also did a mic recording.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Audio device has been disabled
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:08:46 PM »
    where you getting the drivers from ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

amywindows2000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar