Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD drive/USB ports  (Read 2494 times)

chc4

CD drive/USB ports
« on: December 28, 2005, 08:00:30 AM »
My Dell is messed up. When I insert a CD or hook up my digital camera thru the USB port is does not recognize the drives. Usually I would insert the disk, right click on start and got to 'Explore'. The CD drive or USB hookup would should up and I'd go to work. But now they aren't showing up. Anyone know how to fix this???

go2doug1

Re: CD drive/USB ports
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 08:55:47 AM »
Check the Device Manager (Right-click My Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager).

Make sure there are entries in the Device Manager for your CD drive and your USB ports ("Universal Serial Bus controllers"). See if there are any question marks or exclamation points by the CD and USB lines.

If everything looks okay in your Device Manager, try asking your question in the Dell Hardware Forum on dell.com. Follow this link if you have a Dimension PC:

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?category.id=dimension

Blackberry

Adviser
  • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
    Re: CD drive/USB ports
    « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:10:41 AM »
    My Dell is messed up. When I insert a CD or hook up my digital camera thru the USB port is does not recognize the drives. Usually I would insert the disk, right click on start and got to 'Explore'. The CD drive or USB hookup would should up and I'd go to work. But now they aren't showing up. Anyone know how to fix this???

this questiopn should be in the "hardware forum"....
    Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)